The Contra Costa College Office of Student Financial Assistance now has a new Dream Act Coordinator and will be hosting workshops throughout the month of January on the Dream Act Process. Please make sure to check our website and your insite portal email for dates!
Dream Act Information
The California Dream Act of 2011 was passed into laws AB 130 and AB 131 allowing AB 540 eligible students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
- Board of Governors Fee Waivers
- State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
- Privately-funded scholarships
For more information:
Who is an AB540 Student?
- Attended a California high school for at least three years;
- Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a California community college and
- If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status
Step 1: Determine if you are AB540 Eligible
Step 2: Submit Dream Act Applications
Once you have been determined AB540 eligible, please complete and submit the following applications:
- CA Dream Act On-line Application
- Special Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application for AB540
(Submit this form to the Financial Aid Office.)
Step 3: Apply for the 2013-2014 Cal Grant
To be considered for a Cal Grant award for 2013-2014, you must complete:
1. A CA Dream Act On-Line Application by the March 2, 2013 deadline (Step 2 listed above)
2. Ensure that a certified Grade Point Average (GPA) is submitted to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) by March 2, 2013.
Click here for the 2013-2014 Non-SSN Cal Grant GPA Verification Form. Print, complete, and submit this form to CSAC by March 2, 2013.
Note: If you have already submitted a CA Dream Act Application and have questions, pleae contact:
California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-224-7268
Available Types of Aid
(510) 235-7800 ext. 4253