This page is an index to the CCC student newspaper (currently named The Advocate, but it had several other names in the early years). Please note that it does NOT contain the actual text of any of the articles. You will need to read the actual articles on microfilm or CD-ROM using the citation information obtained from your index search.
- Enter a subject or keyword or phrase and press "enter" on the keyboard.
- Write down the complete citation information for the article(s) you want, especially the date, page and column number.
- Go to the microfilm storage cabinets and pull the film for the appropriate date(s).
(CD-ROM's are currently unavailable.)
- Load the microfilm in the reader/printer machine. If this is the first time you have used microfilm, PLEASE ASK THE REFERENCE LIBRARIAN ON DUTY FOR ASSISTANCE.
- Locate the article using the the citation information by scrolling to the correct date, then look for the page and column that is listed in the citation. Note that some articles may continue onto a subsequent page.
- If you want to print an article on the microfilm machine, please ask the reference librarian for assistance in focusing, centering, etc.
- To do another search, press the "Clear" button to remove prior results.
If you have any questions about this process, please ask the librarian on duty at the REFERENCE DESK.